The textbook covers the core content for the course including activities, practice test questions. The course focuses on customer service and the sales process, with the following high-level performance goals for participants:
- Providing excellent customer service.
- Assessing and meeting customer needs.
- Understanding the value of products and services and explaining that value to the customer.
- Identifying, applying for, interviewing for, and attaining an entry-level retail position.
- Demonstrating the sales skills, customer service skills, and professionalism needed to show potential (reliability, etc.) and then advance in a retail position.
- Creating a plan and identifying the experience, education, training, and credentials needed for a career in the retail industry.