The textbook covers the core content for the course including activities, and practice test questions. This course focuses on the business side of retail, in a range of environments, with the following high-level performance goals:
- Understanding the business of retail
- Understanding various job roles in the retail industry
- Understanding what goes in to running a retail environment
- Understanding the inventory life cycle and inventory control
- Creating a plan and identifying the experience, education, training, and credentials needed for a career in the retail industry.